Sunday, February 22, 2015

Celebrate?

(During Lent, I will be following the photo prompt words from Rethink Church, but using them to create word pictures. Discipline, discipline, discipline.)

Celebrate. Celebrate? Seriously?

It's Lent, after all. And even if we are allowed to "take Sundays off," still. Celebrate?

Absolutely.

This is the day the LORD has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!

The sun came up, we all woke up-- hopefully on time for worship if that's your Sunday thing.

I have a roof over my head, food in the refrigerator, a car that takes me where I need to go.

I have eyes to see the beauty of the snow sparkling like diamonds in the rough (okay, really rough where the plows came through).

I have ears to hear the intricate melodies and harmonies of Beethoven as it streams from my radio.

I have a voice to proclaim the goodness of the God I serve.

And-- I have two strong legs to walk across town, shuffle through the snow, dance with joy. (But it's a little cold yet, so unlike David-- I think I will keep my clothes on!)

Praise the Lord in his temple! praise him with timbrel and dance!

It's Lent. Celebrate anyway! Or celebrate-- because!

No comments:

Post a Comment