Saturday, August 20, 2011

Nervous. . . .

People have told me I should start a blog. I have run out of excuses not to.

But I have never done this before, so be nice to me. 

My plan, such as it is, is simply to offer spiritual nuggets on a highly irregular basis, links to stuff I deem worthwhile, reflections on life and on my walk with Jesus the Christ, which may or may not look anything like yours.

And I invite you to stroll with me, comment on what works (or does not work) in this space. We are, after all, in this together, for better or for worse, so we might as well journey together and enjoy the ride.

Elephants can be a somewhat challenging ride, but dependable. They carry your burdens, offer respite from the dry, dusty path you have been wandering. And they come in many sizes, shapes and colors-- if we allow, and if we truly believe.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for more! You are among the few whose writings I always look forward to. Now go forth and bring even more light into our lives :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi for brevity this is good. Like it.

    The Black Elephant – this is for you.

    I once met an elephant who was sitting by a tree
    but oh that elephant looked closely at me.

    But he just waved his trunk oft like elephants do
    and so I waved back and said "how are you?"

    But then said "I'm doing fine how about you Jack?"

    At this I had to swish my tail because I knew
    elephants never forget unless they're feeling blue!

    So I just said “I wasn't even grey but just called Black!”

    So up he left and wondered from that tree
    not even bothering to look back at me!

    ReplyDelete